TAGUEULE!
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -39%
Pack Home Cinéma Magnat Monitor : Ampli DENON ...
Voir le deal
1190 €

Nadia Campbell and Company

+4
Nadia
Master Baeta
Christian
Rottweiler
8 participants
AuteurMessage
Rottweiler
Nouvelle petite gueule

Nadia Campbell and Company Empty
MessageSujet: Nadia Campbell and Company   Nadia Campbell and Company EmptyLun 15 Mai - 14:00

Hello everyone. I do not speak, read, or write French. I am endeavouring to change that. I first started to watch VOLT in 2003. VOLT has become regular viewing for me. I watch VOLT three to four times a week. Everyone on the program have become my French immersion. More and more I am making sense of what is being said. The antics of each skit (sketch) make it easier to understand. I believe that the name of the fellow who hosted the show in 2003-2004 was Fred. If I got his first name correct, I cannot remember his last name. His name is no longer in the program's credits. He is in "drag" in J'ecoute VOLT and the lead singer with long blonde hair in Aerorock-Amour Roc(K) to point out exactly who I mean. He reminds me of an American silent movie actor from the 1920's, Harold Lloyd. Harold Lloyd was hilarious. His silent movies were shown on CBLFT subtitled in French a few years ago. Fred (if that's his name) seems to have that same quality that Harold Lloyd had. I can watch "un garcon du balcon" without volume and still laugh. Fred needs no translation. Yes, I've singled him out but I like everyone on the show and you're all great. I have probably angered some with my Anglo post on your Franco forum. Quite understandably, they would see this as an intrusion. My apologies if that's the case, but the VOLT gang have become dear to me and right now the only way that I have to say it is the way that I just did.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Christian
Administagueule
Christian

Masculin Nombre de messages : 3782

MessageSujet: Re: Nadia Campbell and Company   Nadia Campbell and Company EmptyLun 15 Mai - 14:50

Citation :
I have probably angered some with my Anglo post on your Franco forum. Quite understandably, they would see this as an intrusion.

I take care of this forum and I'm gonna have to ask you to leave.

I'm just kidding. T'was a joke. I'm glad that your here... its fun to read some anglo Volt fans. Nice to see you here, Rottweiler. I dont see this as an intrusion at all. Welcome.
http://twitter.com/nixian
Master Baeta
Gueule bavarde
Master Baeta

Masculin Nombre de messages : 465
Intérêts généraux : à la recherche de choses perdues

MessageSujet: Re: Nadia Campbell and Company   Nadia Campbell and Company EmptyLun 15 Mai - 16:49

Dave Baeta here. It's heartwarming to see messages such as yours. We take pride in the work that we do and it's freaking awesome to see that it transcends beyond our (excuse the cold nature of this expression) "target audience". I urge you to keep posting here if you ever have special requests for music, questions, ideas for items and feel free to comment further about our work, we are hungry for feedback (and for any other food. Literally they don't pay us enough for us to buy food......!) Thanks again!
http://www.baeta.ca
Nadia
Gueule bavarde
Nadia

MessageSujet: Re: Nadia Campbell and Company   Nadia Campbell and Company EmptyMar 16 Mai - 10:32

Thanks for writting in our "Yourmouth.ca" forum! (ok, bad joke!) Don't worry about writting in English...I don't care and I'm sure no one in this forum cares either. Most of us are French-English hybrids and those who aren't are quite friendly.

And you're right the name is Fred (Choinière) and he doesn't work with us this year but I'll be sure to send him your message he'll be quite happy! ( but I doubt he knows who Harold Lloyd is...)

Merci encore.

N
http://volt.tfo.org
MiMi
Bouche moyenne
MiMi

MessageSujet: Re: Nadia Campbell and Company   Nadia Campbell and Company EmptyMar 16 Mai - 19:59

Wow, that's (in lack of a better word) awesome. It's true that most of us are hybrids. Not only can we speak 2 languages, we also have other special skills, such as eating rocks and regurgitating them to feed our young. (Sorry if that was graphic) But yeah, I gotta say, good for you. (In a non-sarcastic way) (oo, double parenthasees) Maybe Volt doesn't exactly have the.. umm.. "vocabulary" that you should be learning, but, well, at least it's French, right?
Master Baeta
Gueule bavarde
Master Baeta

MessageSujet: Re: Nadia Campbell and Company   Nadia Campbell and Company EmptyMer 17 Mai - 9:16

MiMi a écrit:
such as eating rocks and regurgitating them to feed our young.

ahahahaha... that's funnny-- really! Smile
Nadia
Gueule bavarde
Nadia

MessageSujet: Re: Nadia Campbell and Company   Nadia Campbell and Company EmptyMer 17 Mai - 9:47

Nadia a écrit:
( but I doubt he knows who Harold Lloyd is...)

N

I spoke to Fred, he thanks you (and has no clue who Harold Lloyd is...).
http://volt.tfo.org
Fred
Nouvelle petite gueule
Fred

MessageSujet: Re: Nadia Campbell and Company   Nadia Campbell and Company EmptyMer 17 Mai - 11:28

Hi Rottweiller,

First, thank you for posting your comments right on my birthday, that was a nice gift!

Second, thanks for your feedback. As Nadia said, she did forward me your post... and as she also said, I have no clue who Harold Lloyd was, since I wasn't going to the movie theater in the 1920's (i was more into scrabble back then).

Anyway, having your feedback is precious for all of us (me included, even if I don't work on Volt anymore). I'm glad to see that once again, anglophones discover our "world" where french and english often merge, coexist... and make fun of each other!!! I also have to say that everything you see on air is the result of an amazing teamwork: everything you see has been tought of, written, acted, edited, etc. (yep, even the Gars du balcon included some thinking... hard to believe!). Anyway, on behalf of all the past and present team: thank you, sincerely!

Fred
Rottweiler
Nouvelle petite gueule

MessageSujet: Re: Nadia Campbell and Company   Nadia Campbell and Company EmptyMer 17 Mai - 17:07

Happy Belated Birthday to you Fred, and Many More!
Thankyou so very much, all of you , for your individual replies. Honestly, I wasn't expecting that kind of acknowledgement to my post. It staggered me for a time. I am nobody but you still flatter me. Yes, that is the type of people that you are. I'll try to be worthy of it, perhaps this is a start: Something that I want to express is a new found admiration that I now have for Maurice "The Rocket" Richard. I saw that movie quite recently. It's still in the theatres, now. I am not a big fan of hockey. Not everyone can be. The movie "The Rocket" is not about hockey. It is about an important Canadian. A French Canadien to be exact. I did not know of the events of the man's life. Apparently even the number 9 on the jersey on the back of a Canadian five-dollar bill is in tribute to Maurice Richard. I did not know that Maurice Richard and the other French Canadien players were subjected to such abuse as they were. It made me very angry. Maurice Richard by my standards and by any system of measure became a giant among men, a legend in his own time. He was a gift to the game of hockey and no doubt is the reason hockey became what it is. Maurice "The Rocket" Richard was not only the most outstanding player in hockey's history but he also had a moral character and strength of conviction that few men possess. The man had class! I'm sorry that I'll never get to meet the man. ROY DUPUIS, who plays Maurice in the movie has portrayed and protected the icon of "The Rocket" splendidly. It is a marvellous movie about a truly amazing man. I wish that he (Maurice) was alive to see it. When "The Rocket" comes out on DVD I shall buy several copies and distribute them as gifts. I want more people to know about Maurice "The Rocket" Richard. In case you were wondering, "The Rocket" was shown here in the original French dialogue with English subtitles, as it should be.
Rottweiler
Nouvelle petite gueule

MessageSujet: Re: Nadia Campbell and Company   Nadia Campbell and Company EmptyVen 19 Mai - 16:00

Nadia, I thought about this and I would really like to familiarize you and the rest of the VOLT gang with the work of Harold Lloyd. I did mention him here and I also made reference of him to Fred. I would really like you, all of you, to see the connection. I see that there is a postal site here of this address:

VOLT,C.P.200 Succ.Q., Toronto,ON M4T 2T1

If I sent a DVD set to the above address would you receive it?

If not, then can you please supply me with a viable address. It would make me happy to do this for you. When you and the others have watched the DVD to your satisfaction you can forward it to Fred.

Harold Lloyd was pure comic genius. His material is unknown to recent generations. Ironically, I found out about Harold Lloyd one morning when I was channel surfing. It was being shown with French subtitles. I didn't care. This guy amazed me. Making me laugh isn't easy. Harold Lloyd put me in stitches. A couple of times so has Fred. You know, just from watching Harold Lloyd you might even get some ideas for VOLT.
Master Baeta
Gueule bavarde
Master Baeta

MessageSujet: Re: Nadia Campbell and Company   Nadia Campbell and Company EmptyMar 23 Mai - 10:03

Rottweiler a écrit:

We would indeed receive it at this address.
FABreeze
Bouche moyenne
FABreeze

Intérêts généraux : recherchiste

MessageSujet: Re: Nadia Campbell and Company   Nadia Campbell and Company EmptyMar 23 Mai - 12:04

Master Baeta a écrit:
Rottweiler a écrit:

We would indeed receive it at this address.

Just make sure you put VOLT on the package...then again, you could also write something like CRAZY FRENCHIES and the package will still get to us. You've seen the sketches. Not that far from our reality. So we tend to stand out in the corporate crowd we work with in this building!!
http://www.volt.tfo.org
Rottweiler
Nouvelle petite gueule

MessageSujet: Re: Nadia Campbell and Company   Nadia Campbell and Company EmptyMer 24 Mai - 19:11

I actioned the DVD set this morning. It was sent Priority Post. I suppose that you could possibly receive it even as early as Thursday this week, or in other words tomorrow.

I do hope so much that it arrives in pristine condition. Watching this material from the early 1900's is a case of "what is old is new again"

Not all of these movies are silent. Harold Lloyd's later works are full feature films complete with soundtracks. They are all in black and white however. Perhaps someday in the future someone will computer colourize some of his later efforts as seems to be happening to some other early television and movie productions.

Do I have my favourite Harold Lloyd films? Of course, but I don't want to sway you so I'll just let you decide for yourselves what you like the best.

Watching VOLT last night I just about fell out of my chair laughing at "Les Zultras". Nadia and Fabienne just have to do more of those. Yes, I know that after a while the gig wears stale and it is time for something else. "Les Zultras" worked for me. Kudos.
S n-tial
Nouvelle petite gueule
S n-tial

Intérêts généraux : La Musique

MessageSujet: Re: Nadia Campbell and Company   Nadia Campbell and Company EmptyVen 26 Mai - 22:21

Well said Rottweiler, I agree completely although I do understand and speak french. I miss Volt Sad
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Nadia Campbell and Company   Nadia Campbell and Company Empty

Nadia Campbell and Company
Page 1 sur 1